On 1/10/01, Joshua Miller penned:
>Thought I figured it out when I discovered that when one user logged out it
>killed ALL sessions for that application, but I was using <cfset
>tmp=StructClear(SESSION)> and that was killing the whole session. That
>problem's been removed, I just terminate the individual SESSION.vars when a
>user logs out, but my SESSION vars are still dying after 15-30 minutes. No
>explanation. I tried all of the wonderful solutions passed along (I
>appreciate it!) but to no avail.
>
>TO test it, I logged into the application (setting the SESSION.aID variable
>to 1) then went to the grocery store and ran some errands, came back 4 hours
>later (should be a 12 hour SESSION) and when I accessed my viewSession.cfm
>page, all my session vars are undefined.

Just a hunch, because there's nothing else I can think of. You
haven't set the default timeout to 12 hours in CF Administrator and
perhaps left the maximum timeout at 20 minutes?
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452