Unless I missed it, Adobe has not certified ColdFusion 9.0.x on Java 8.  <—
Remember this as I continue

Also, Adobe ColdFusion 9.x.x reached End Of Life back on December 31st, 2014.
http://www.trunkful.com/index.cfm/2014/11/24/ColdFusion-9-Reaches-End-Of-Life-Long-Live-ColdFusion
   <— Remember this too

Now, that I got those two items out of the way I will say that while
researching and testing ColdFusion potential POODLE issues via CFHTTP I did
happen to successfully attempt to run ColdFusion 9.0.2 fully patched on Java
1.8. (This blog post BTW:
http://www.trunkful.com/index.cfm/2014/12/8/Preventing-SSLv3-Fallback-in-ColdFusion
 - The note at the bottom)

There were no errors or warnings. I was able to run some code. I by no means
tried to test all the functionality because I had a different goal to achieve
when I was doing my research.

So it could very well be possible. However I do have another concern. The
company/agency you’re working for is requiring Java to be up to date, but not
ColdFusion? I would embrace the Java 8 upgrade and say then we need to buy
ColdFusion 11 and make the migration.  (IMHO)

Regards,
Wil

Wil Genovese
Sr. Web Application Developer/