> there are specific problems with all ColdFusion POP tags and
> tools i've seen
> with the way certain attachments are encoded or MIME encoded. if
> i knew the
> exact problems, beleive me, i would write a tag that fixes them. some
> friends and i built and run www.planetaccess.com a CF-based mail
> service. we
> have about 50,000 users and do just under 1M pages a month so
> we've seen all
> kinds of mail issues over the past 2 years.

Well, the tcpclient2 com object should be able to be used to write a cf_pop
custom tag that overcomes all these problems. If you were trying to do a
cf_smtp there would be performance issues since it wouldn't do an automatic
cache/retry, but as far as POP3, there's not much different.

If you ever get a fully functionally, bug-free cf_pop3 tag working I could
probably even be convinced to rework it into a COM or a CFX for speed -- but
I think it best to keep it a custom tag. Easier for everyone to customize
and tweak.

--min