From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 16, 2001 5:43 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Slightly OT: CSS Help Needed!

I'm trying to design drop-down menus using CSS. If I
knew exactly where the menus were to appear, it would
be easy using absolute positioning and the visibility
property.

Unfortunately, the menus must be placed relative to a
table. The table is centered on the page, and it's
width isn't always the same. The menus must be aligned
with this table. When I use relative positioning, the
menu appears in the right place, but it is positioned
inline with the rest of the page. Rather than
overlapping with the elements below it, it simply
pushes them lower and makes room for itself.

I can't seem to get the menu to float "above" the
picture below it. I tried the z-index property to no
avail.

For a sample of my problem (and a stunning picture of
some cable tv stuff), visit
http://it.wm.edu/network/csshelp.htm.

Please let me know if this is possible!

Thanks!