Hi All,

I have a small dilemma on my hands. I am trying to figure out a way to place
a temporary hold on a quantity in my database.

Here's the scenario:

I am in the process of finishing up an e-commerce site. like every other
commerce site, users can go through items and place them into a shopping
cart of sorts until they are ready to check out.

here's the problem:

let's say that a customer decides to bail out on the transaction at the last
minute.(of course i'll have a button which will allow them to cancel their
order) but let's say the persons pc crashes on them before they can finish
their order or their phone service gets shut off or the world comes to an
end (you get the picture). barring the last scenario, i would hate for
another user to lose out on that product simply because it's out of the
system in a manner of speaking.

my question is basically this: is there a way for me to temporarily set the
a fore mentioned quantity aside and then after a set time has expired have
it reintroduced into my quantity field?

thanks in advance,

nelson