I am no expert, but it appears to me that the best thing from a
developer's point of view is a Flash/CF combo...

We (developers) will have have an integrated Client-Side Server-Side
environment that runs on any platform...

Gone are (or will be) the need to:

    design several versions of a site (one for each browser/platform)

    design for the lowest common denominator of features supported by
    the most popular browsers & platforms

    Compensate for the presentation differences for each browser.

Flash offers a lot of multimedia goodies... often lost in this glitz
is the ability to display/manipulate simple  pages/forms/menus, etc.
efficiently, and identically on any browser/platform with a single
set of code. (Dave Watts pointed this out to me).

It means that I, a developer, can control the application from both ends...

Productivity!!!!

Dick