I would love to see a future CF server that can do all the things that
we use it for today, plus with added capability to natively tie into and
control multimedia and other rich presentation formats (streaming,
flash, etc).  The best of both worlds.

Kevin

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 01/17/01 08:15AM >>>
I have a few observations that allay my fears some.

Since early on in the history of the 2 companies, Macromedia and
Allaire
have had a very close relationship.  In 1998, Allaire and Macromedia
were
co-sponsors of the Builder.com Live conference in New Orleans.

Now that Macromedia needs a server component for thier multimedia web
efforts, they turn to Allaire.

I feel that Cold Fusion will continue on the current development path
for 12
months or so.  Then we should see a combining of the CF application
server
with multimedia servers.  It will be a single turn-key solution for
anyone
setting up a web site.  CF provides the interface to the backend and
the
Macromedia the streaming audio, video, etc.

Russel

  Russel Madere, Jr.         Senior Web Developer
  ICQ: 5446158               http://www.TurboSquid.com

Some days you eat the bear; some days the bear eats you.

Macromedia

http://www.spankmag.com