All,

I’m using Authorize.net with Coldfusion for the first time and it looks
fairly simple.  However, I wouldn’t mind spending extra time programming the
transaction interface if it means speeding up processing time.  The custom
tag uses <cfhttp> and <cfhttp> in my experience is pretty slow, much less
calling it through someone else’s custom tag.  However, Authorize.net has a
SDK with a COM object so that you can use their system with VB, ASP, C++,
etc.  So here’s my questions:

1)       Could I use <cfobject> with Authorize.Net’s COM object INSTEAD of
just <cfhttp> or the custom tag?
2)       What would the basic syntax be?
3)       Would there be any noticeable performance advantage in doing so?

Like I said, I’ve never used it before, and I know some of these online
processing systems can be pretty slow (I heard a while back that cybercash
was terribly slow.)

Any help would be appreciated.  Please email at one of the addresses below
instead of hitting reply.

Thanks,
-Craig Bowes