> The upgrade didn't make things better for us.  As soon as we upgraded
> (from CF 4.5 Pro to 4.5.1 SP2) we started having problems with CFPOP
> accessing mail on a machine running SCO-UNIX and Sendmail.  It's very
> weird--intermittent for some users and consistent with others.
>
> This is the message we're getting:  "Unknown command: 'uidl'"
>
> I've posted this on the Allaire forum, and have had a couple of
> I'd be interested if anyone else is having this problem.

It's an "optional" pop3 command to get unique id numbers for all the
messages currently on the mail server (to make it easier to keep track of
what's what). At least, last I heard it was still optional.

Your mail server apparently doesn't support it, but the latest version of
cfpop is using it. You'll either have to upgrade your pop3/smtp software to
something that does, or use a workaround cfpop tag.

(As far as intermittant -- depending on how CFPOP is written I'd guess it
may not show it's head unless there's more than one message in the user's
queue. But that's just a complete guess.)

--min