-----Original Message-----
From: Bud [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 5:34 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Securing Applications

On 1/19/01, Guy J. McDowell penned:
>I have tried both the GlobalCorp and CFHub examples for securing an
>application to no avail.
>I keep getting sent back to the login page. I have verified that I am
>using the correct user id and password.
>I bet there is something small I am overlooking. I've been at it for 2
>days off and on. I hate to admit defeat.

Is the code below the cfapplication tag in application.cfm or
login.cfm? By your e-mail it looks like you have it in
application.cfm in which case the login form will always load if
form.UserName is not defined. The code looks like it should be the
code for login.cfm. In which case you should check to see if
session.auth is defined and if not, cflocation them to login.cfm.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452