At 11:22 1/25/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone runnin' CF with MySQL on Linux?  I'm having problems setting up MySQL
>datasources through CF administrator.  Every time I try to verify I get a
>failed connection.  Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

So you are connecting to MySQL on Linux, but what is CF running on?
Linux, I assume? So run the command line prog 'mysql' and see if you
can connect. Its usually a problem with user permissions, IP restrictions,
etc. You'll want to run mysql with the -u and -p or whatever it is
to specify the exact username/password you are trying to use with CF.

Oh yea, one more thing that always gave me problems, if you are running
CF on NT and trying to connect to Linux/MySQL, you have to setup the
DSN using the regular windows ODBC control panel, then make sure you
have the username/password in CF Administrator ODBC setup, too.

Ryan