Since you mentions the app srvr.....
Is there any concern about CF going Java backend and the whole Java versus
M$ .Net issues that have picked up steam?

-----Original Message-----
From: Russel Madere [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2001 12:40 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: ALLR/MACR Merger - ColdFusion to be "repositioned" ?????

That was double good business double speak.

What it sounds like to me is that the Cold Fusion server line will not be
affected by the merger.  It will continue to progress down the path it is
currently on independantly of the going on with the Macromedia server
products.

  Russel Madere, Jr.         Senior Web Developer
  ICQ: 5446158               http://www.TurboSquid.com

Some days you eat the bear; some days the bear eats you.

2-1.html?t
ag=yhoo

In the past, Macromedia has made a point of NOT participating directly in
the application server business but rather to partner with leader's in the
space. Management is aware of this issue and pointed out that Allaire's
flagship product, ColdFusion, would be repositioned such that Allaire's CFML
technology would be maintained and that applications built with CFML will
run on top of application servers from other vendors.

Steve