> I have a question on CFSCRIPT performance.  I know that it is
> quicker to use
> CFSCRIPT than to use CFSET.  Is it likewise quicker to use the
> CFSCRIPT if()
> over CFIF?  I have a CFIF checking that one of 14 empressions are met (13
> ORs).  Would it be better to use CFSCRIPT for this?
>
> This is for the security on a web site, so it needs to be efficient.

CFScript is more efficient as long as you aren't just doing just a couple
<CFSET> or <CFIF>

The problem I have with CFSCRIPT and if() is that there is no elseif(), you
have to embed things in the else part of the code, which gets very deep if
you want to check loads of variations (and can't use switch, such as ranges)

CF4.5.2 has faster looping in CFSCRIPT than in CFML, so that's an advantage

Also, as Robert pointed out, no white-space!

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited