great response.

I want to implement a working example to learn from. Any suggestions as to
where to get a working database example?

Eric

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: (WOT) Sample code for COM object wrappers for Stored Procedures
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 05:43:13 EST

Why ... n-tier development. Typically 3 tiers: presentation, business logic
and backend processing.  And the COM component is the middle tier ...
enforcing business rules. ASP/CF acts as the presentation tier with T-SQL as
the third tier.

Why n-tier development ... because of scalability, security, control of
critical resources, maintainability, etc.

The middle-tier COM component can distribute requests across multiple
resources/servers. Also, these middle-tier objects can be MTS-ized
[Microsoft
Transaction Server] ... thus providing connection polling and multi-object
transactional processing.

It is awful early ... hope that helps.

Bill