No need to uninstall/install for this problem. Just do the following:
Run "regedit". Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Allaire/ColdFusion/CurrentVersion/JVM
Double-click on JVMLoad and change the value from 1 to 0.
Close the registry editor and now restart ColdFusion.

At that point you'll be able to restart ColdFusion and then fix your JVM
settings. It should be pointing to the jvm.dll file, not just a directory.
For more info, here's a KB on the subject:
http://www.allaire.com/Handlers/index.cfm?ID=13863&Method=Full

Debbie