Thanks. At this point I haven't seen the db design. I'll have to have a look
to see if there is a design flaw.

Duane

-----Original Message-----
From: DeVoil, Nick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 10:54 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: SQL Error

You get a deadlock when process A has got a lock on resource 1 and wants to
get a lock on resource 2, and process B has got a lock on resource 2 and
wants to get a lock on resource 1. The DBMS has no choice but to step in
and abort one of the transactions.

You should be able to CFCATCH the error and resubmit the transaction.

If possible, change the design so that it can't happen.

Nick