> I've got the remove whitespace setting applied on CF server and it doesn't
> seem to make any difference to the size of the completed template, I still
> get pages that are filled with whitespace.
>
> The only way I found to get rid of some, was to put CF comments in, this
> reduces the Tabed indents to a single CRLF, but theres a trade
> off, parsing
> speed against page size.  In testing I've found that it reduces pages by
> upto 20% (depending on the page layout).

If you want to remove whitespace form non-display areas of the template,
either build the code in CFScript or use CFSetting

Using CFSetting does add some overhead to the template build time... but not
much...

You can theoretically build a white-space-less template, but it takes a LOT
of work... I'm not that worried if my output has a row of returns every now
and again, it only adds slightly to the total page size...

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited