in the onload event of the form put "document.formname.fieldname.focus();",
which will force the field to be "active" when the document is loaded.

DC

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Fix 3rd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "CF-Talk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 15:48
Subject: OT: Making a form text input box "active"

> I'm working on a simple form page to lookup items based on a sku number.
There's a text input and a SUBMIT button.  The page is eventually going to
be used on a PC running IE in kiosk mode, and I want to eliminate the mouse.
I want the text input box to be active by default, so a user can just type a
sku number and press ENTER.

http://www.cornells.com/storelink/item.cfm.

> I did some quick browsing in some of my HTML references and can't find a
way to do this.  I haven't done much Javascript, but maybe there's a way to
solve this problem with JS? ANy suggestions would be appreciated.