Hi all,

I'm still in chptr 11 of Ben Forta's CF Web Construction kit book. The
problem I'm getting is a 2-fold problem. What follows is the code:

<CFQUERY DATASOURCE="A2Z" NAME="EMPLOYEES">
SELECT EmployeeID,  FirstName, LastName, PhoneExtension
FROM Employees
ORDER BY LastName, FirstName
</CFQUERY>

<HEAD>
<TITLE>Employee List</title>
</head>

Employees

<UL>
    <CFOUTPUT QUERY="Employees">
    <LI><A HREF="empdtl1.cfm?EmployeeID=#EmployeeID#>
    #LastName#, #FirstName#</a> - Ext. #PhoneExtension#
    </cfoutput>
</ul>

======
This code outputs an employee database that renders every displayed record as
a hyperlink. There are two problems with the result:
1.  The output is only 1/2 the database. The query selects every even
numbered record.
2.  Next, when I click on a link, I get an error that states that the system
attempted to retrieve the previous, odd numbered, record.

The error info is:

ODBC Error Code = 37000 (Syntax error or access violation)

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (comma) in query
expression 'EmployeeID = 7>Black, Kim - Ext. 4565

<A HREF='.

The error occurred while processing an element with a general identifier of
(CFQUERY), occupying document position (1:1) to (1:42).

</B>I get this error when I click on William Brown, the 2nd record in the
Employees table of A2Z.mdb. This error refers to the 1st record in the table.

This newbie would appreciate any help.

Steve Carmeli