> Do any of you guys know what the advantages are when using the
> cf tag <cfstoredproc> instead of just executing the stored procedure
> through a sql statement? It seems easier and cleaner to me to do
> it through a sql statement, but they must have developed the tag
> for a reason. What am I missing?

CFSTOREDPROC allows you to do some things that you couldn't do with simple
call/exec syntax. You can return multiple recordsets and have them available
as separate CF variables, you can work with out and inout parameters, you
can retrieve VARRAY data, you can call stored procedures in Oracle.

If you're not interested in that stuff, and you just want to call stored
procedures and have them return their recordsets, there's nothing wrong with
using CFQUERY for that. You can then get the best of both worlds by using
CACHEDWITHIN/CACHEDAFTER in your CFQUERY tags.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444