Philip Arnold - ASP wrote:

> >    I suppose the subject says it all.
> >
> >    How do you perform string concatenation in CFSCRIPT?
> >
> >    This isn't working:
> >
> > <CFLOOP query="myQuery">
> >  <CFSCRIPT>
> >     myvariable = myQuery.Link & "?urlvariable=" & myQuery.otherquerydata
> >  </CFSCRIPT>
> > </CFLOOP>
> >
> >    I don't have the original code, since I already re-worked it
> > to accomplish
> > what I wanted, but I was curious to know for the future.  I also
> > tried to use
> > the Insert function, and that also seemed to have no effect.
>
> Erm, you're already doing string concatonation... that's what the & does
>
> If you want myVariable to have those strings added onto it...
> myvariable = myvariable & myQuery.Link & "?urlvariable=" &
> myQuery.otherquerydata;
>
> Also, what you're doing isn't very efficient - you should only use CFScript
> if you have more than 3 real commands in it

  I think the person who said single quotes, not double quotes, hit the nail on the
head, although I haven't tested
it yet.
  My problem was that the string wasn't concatenating.
  I had about 5-6 statements in the CFSCRIPT.  This was a code segment.

--
Jeff Houser | mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
AIM: Reboog711  | ICQ: 5246969 | Phone: 860-229-2781