<CF_Edit_Out_HTML_Formatting>

> Has anyone used <CFDIRECTORY> and/or <CFFILE>
> trying to access files on a different computer or from a website?
> The DIRECTORY attribute allows you to put http, https, or ftp,
> but I can't get it to work. Same with <CFFILE>. Any help
> would be great. Thanks in advance.

OK, first of all you can't use CFDirectory or CFFile to get data from
another website - that's what CFHTTP is for

Anyway, you can use CFDirectory and CFFile to speak to another computas as
long as the login that CFServer is starting with an account which can speak
to that server and you use UNC encoding to speak to the other server, i.e.
\\Server2\WebShare\images\

If you want to speak to a real FTP server, then use CFFTP

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited