First of all, there is an invalid DLL in the distribution file for 4.5.2.
As I write this I"m desperately trying to think which one it is.  I
**THINK** it's CFMLValidate.dll   The correct one came with the 4.0.1 and
is called cfvalidator.dll.  I have had this verified several times, but
still Allaire send out the product with the incorrect DLL.   Because I'm
not sure of the name,  please take great care following this advice.  DO
NOT delete any DLLs, instead just rename them so you can restore
everything to the way it is now if I'm wrong.

But here's what I had to do ... Get rid of the invalid DLL, and get the
replacement one, cfvalidator.dll from my old install of 4.0.1.  The
invalid Dll is in the program folder, but the correct one goes in
windows/system instead.  If you can't find cfvalidator.dll let me know and
I'll send you mine.  It's 380,928 bytes.

This problem appears first when you try to restart after install.  Instead
of a clean restart, Studio crashes with "invalid dll" error and you have
to CTRL/ALT/DEL to restart.

Secondly, the FTP and deployment parts of Studio has been rotten since 4.5
came out, and two later versions have appeared with  no sign of any effort
to fix them.    You can use Studio to deploy a project ONLY ONLY ONLY if
you are going to deploy the ENTIRE project, and ONLY ONLY ONLY if ALL
folders are already existing on the remote site.  If any file upload died
for any reason, the entire upload will crash, and in all liklihood you'll
have corrupted files on the site.

Basically, Allaire had a really good deployment tool in Studio 4.0.1 - a
dream in fact, and they stuffed it up.   THey won't admit it and they
won't do anything to fix it either.

If there's anyone from Allaire/Macromedia's development team who watches
this list is prepared to give us an update on this, I'll be delighted. And
if you are actually doing some work on fixing these issues, I'll happily
retract my criticisms..

OH look everyone ... look out the window ... another squadron of pigs
flying past.

Cheers,
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia