I've been trying to use an OLEDB connection to provide certain functionality
in a project I am working on.  So far, I can't get what I am trying to do to
work.  Can someone tell me if what I am trying to do is even possible?

I have 1 set of code that makes up an application that many different
companies will use at once.  Each company has it's own database that it uses
to provide its dynamic content (don't worry about how the app. knows when to
use what database, that isn't the problem).  The obvious solution would be
to create a DSN for every company that signs up and just set the Request.DSN
= whatever DSN we need, dynamicly.  The problem is that we don't want to
have to maintain a set of 2000 DSNs when we eventally get that many
customers .. I would imagine the registry wouldn't like that very much.  My
boss' solution was to create 1 DSN with all of the connection parameters
already set up and just pass the name of the database file to the DB Engine
through <cfquery>.

We are using Sybase ASA 7.0 with MSDASQL OLE-DB.  We are able to connect to
the first DB we specify just fine, no matter what DB file we tell it to
connect to.  The problem is that after it hits that DB once, it won't ever
let us change to a different one on the fly, no matter what dbname we pass
to it.

Does *anyone* have any ideas?  There has to be a way to do this.

Todd Ashworth --