Aside from the aforementioned CFGRID, which is probably the easiest
CF-specific way to do it (all in one go!), the alternative is likely to be
something like this:

When first looping the records to be displayed on screen, add the current
row number to the end of each form field name. This is so that when you
submit the form back again, CF will get form variables called name1,
address1, name2, address2 etc etc (or whatever). You should know how many
iterations you get back (after all, you put them on-screen in the first
place!).  Once you get the form back, just loop over that number, break
off the suffix digit to get the 'proper' field name, and
check/update/insert back into the database as appropriate. Send the ID of
the database record as a hidden field to make it easy on the way back too.
You can use this method to create 'check-the-box' fields to mass-delete
records at the same time...

Regards,

SB

Scott Bartlett  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
BTA Limited
100 High Street Wandsworth
London SW18 4LA
United Kingdom
Tel:020 8871 4240      Fax:020 8871 4584
http://www.bta.com

Network Consultancy and Support for Windows 9x/NT and MacOS.
Internet connectivity, solutions, and business services.

This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("The intended
recipient(s)") to whom it is addressed.  It may contain information which
is privileged and confidential within the meaning of applicable law.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender as soon as
possible.  The views expressed in this communication may not necessarily
be the views held by BTA.