On a previous contract I used this one to slaughter a couple of candidates
:-)

http://halhelms.com/cfquiz.cfm

The best thing to do is not to hand them the test and walk away, but sit
through the questions with the person. You get a feel for how quickly they
answer questions and also a feel for them in general. It covers the
basics, and also goes into a bit of SQL. I actually had somebody tell me
after the test that he could see he wasn't going to get the job after
taking the test.

Its not complicated stuff, but very broad.

Best Regards,
Adam Reynolds
Cold Fusion / Web Developer
ISMG Development, Unilever