One of the things that I have been working on recently is My own
Session/Application management System.

All variables are stored in the database, VBScript functions and CF Custom
Tags are used to pull these variables. This system was designed to easily
be ported to any Language. If for some reason we wanted to add a JSP or C++
portion to a given application, it could continue to use the same session info.

Right now I am in the early development stages, so a lot of stuff has to be
done twice, but I plan to move most of it into stored procs.