Little bit off topic, but I wanted to ask people who uses ColdFusion to
develop sites with database.

Here is the situation:
I need to move a site to another hosting.  The site has a database and that
needs to be upgraded from Access to SQL.  When the domain registration
modification takes place, it takes more than a couple of days to propagate
through the net.  So, some people will access the old site that connects to
the Access database, and some people will access the new one that connects
to SQL.  Consequently, from the time the propagation starts to the time it
finishes, there will be new data on both the databases.

The integrity of the database is kept on the coding side and not on the
database side, and I can't simply add the new data on Access to SQL by
importing.

What would people usually do in this kind of situation?

I appreciate any kind of suggestions/inputs/ideas!
Thanks in advance.