You could loop round the commma delimted list of column names given by
query_name.ColumnList.

-----Original Message-----
From: Winston Sia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 28 February 2001 08:16
To: CF-Talk
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Fw: CFQuery of database tables

------=_NextPart_000_020E_01C0A1A1.B3261D40

Hi,

I'm would like to make a query to each database table, with a "select *" =
to output all records. I am going to use CFTABLE to output the results. =
Is there any way I can do this wihtout having to specify one by one the =
column/field names of that table?

I am trying to do this since I want to display or output the whole =
contents of all the tables in my database, which I am going to transfer =
to Excel sheet.

You see, the data I want to get is on IBM DB2, which I want to export to =
my local SQL database. And the DB2 is remote, and I have no access to =
it. I want to populate my local SQL database with the data on the IBM =
DB2 database.

We already requested for a comma-delimited text file of all the data of =
all the tables of our database, but the DB admin is not responding. So I =
am now trying to just get the data ourselves using CF.. manually.

Immediate help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Winston

------=_NextPart_000_020E_01C0A1A1.B3261D40

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I'm would like to make a query to each database =
table,=20
with a "select *" to output all records. I am going to use CFTABLE to =
output the=20
results. Is there any way I can do this wihtout having to specify one by =
one the=20
column/field names of that table?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I am trying to do this since I want to display =
or output=20
the whole contents of all the tables in my database, which I am going to =

transfer to Excel sheet.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>You see, the data I want to get is on IBM DB2, =
which I=20
want to export to my local SQL database. And the DB2 is remote, and I =
have no=20
access to it. I want to populate my local SQL database with the data on =
the IBM=20
DB2 database.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>We already requested for a comma-delimited text =
file of=20
all the data of all the tables of our database, but the DB admin is not=20
responding. So I am now trying to just get the data ourselves using CF.. =

manually.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Immediate help will be very much =
appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Winston</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_020E_01C0A1A1.B3261D40--

The opinions expressed in this E-mail are those  of  the individual  and
not  necessarily  the  company.  This E-mail and  any files transmitted
with it are confidential and solely for the use of the intended recipients