From: Bill Davidson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 22:38
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT: Traveling between networks...

I posted this in response to someone else's email on another mailing list
(completely unrelated).  I thought, some of you might benefit from it...

I bounce back and forth between the office network, and the home network a
lot.  I, unfortutantely, am still running WIn98 on my VAIO, so it is a bit
of a pain to switch IP address, etc. (We aren't running a DHCP server).  So
I created two registry patches that I place on my desktop to ease the
transition.  One is called office.reg, and the other is home.reg.  That way
I just double click on where I am going before shutdown, and I'm set when I
get there.  In case any of you are in the same position, this may help
you -- it's the contents of my "office.reg" file:
---------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Class\NetTrans\0002]
"DriverDesc"="TCP/IP"
"InfSection"="MSTCP.ndi"
"IPAddress"="192.168.1.20"
"IPMask"="255.255.255.0"
"DeviceVxDs"="vtdi.386,vip.386,vtcp.386,vdhcp.386,vnbt.386"
"InstallVnbt"="0"
"InfPath"="NETTRANS.INF"
"ProviderName"="Microsoft"
"DriverDate"=" 4-23-1999"
"DevLoader"="*ndis"
"NodeType"="1"
"DefaultGateway"="192.168.1.1"

So you just need to change the gateway & IP address to reflect where you
are, and changing locations is a little easier.

-Bill
brainbox/intraget