From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 3:33 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Which version of MDAC is best with Cold Fusion 4.5.1

> Here is where all of the various versions of MDAC are
> http://www.microsoft.com/data/download.htm
>
> The file name is MDAC_TYP.EXE (7.8megs) which sort self
> installs when run -- don't know about how well it works going
> backwards one version.
>
> Also, I don't know if there is a way to uninstall the version
> you now have before you install the older version.

I don't think it's a good idea to simply install an older MDAC over a newer
one. The Component Checker tool also available from the above URL allows you
to uninstall MDAC, although I haven't tried it myself.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444