In CF, refer to the variable as #GetTotalPts.ContestantID#

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Patton [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2001 9:53 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: !!!Statement Question.!!!

This list has been good to me so far so i thought i would ask another
question.

Could anyone help me with this? ive been going over and over it for a while
now and cant seem to get it figured out. what i have is a ResultsManager and
in that i have a ContestantID that is pulled from the ContestantManager.
this was working fine untill my client said that there may be times where
contestants tie in certain places so i changed the ContestantID in the
resultsmanager to nvarchar as the data type so that it could take input
like... 6,161 (contestantid 6 and contestantid 161) now on the output i had
to change the statement to the following but we get an error: (included at
bottom) what i would like to know is am i going about this the proper way or
do i need to redo my statement? ANY and ALL Help will be MUCH MUCH
apreciated. (please reply to on list and CC: to me directly as well, it
seems sometimes that i dont get my list mail as often as i should. but i
would like for others to maybe learn from this as well:)

<cfquery name="GetTotalPts"
         datasource="#datasource#"
         dbtype="ODBC"
         username="#username#"
         password="#password#">
SELECT ResultsManager.ContestantID, ContestantManager.FirstName,
ContestantManager.LastName, ContestantManager.City, ContestantManager.State,
SUM (ResultsManager.AdjPoints) as TOTALPTS
FROM ResultsManager INNER JOIN ContestantManager ON
ResultsManager.ContestantID = ListGetAt(ContestantManager.ContestantID,
"ListFind(ContestantManager.ContestantID, "#ResultsManager.ContestantID#")")
WHERE ContestantManager.Gender = '2' AND ResultsManager.NotAllAround = '0'
GROUP BY ResultsManager.ContestantID, ContestantManager.FirstName,
ContestantManager.LastName, ContestantManager.City, ContestantManager.State
ORDER BY SUM (AdjPoints) DESC
</cfquery>

ERROR:
Error Diagnostic Information

An error occurred while evaluating the expression:

#ResultsManager.ContestantID#

Error near line 9, column 169.

Thanks,

Jay Patton