Hi Folks,
If there's a more appropriate place to ask this question, please let me know
- this list is so incredibly high volume,I'd hate to be erroneously
contributing to it when I should send my question elsewhere.

With that said:

I'm doing Javascript validation and having trouble getting the following to
work (it is supposed to only allow user to enter an integer between 1 and
10000):

function fleet_size_check(form) {

        ctrl = form.fleet_size;
        myRe=/^[0-9]{1,6}/;

        if (!myRe.test(ctrl.value)) {
                alert("Please enter a valid fleet size.");
                document.profile_info.fleet_size.focus();
                return (true);
        }
        else if ctrl.value > 10000 {
                alert("Please enter a valid fleet size.");
                document.profile_info.fleet_size.focus();
                return (true);
        }
        else return (false);
}

The first "if" seems to work OK, but not the second.  Any suggestions would
be most appreciated.

TIA,
- - - Jeanne