Try <cfsilent> too.  It's a bit tricky because <cfsilent> will severly
repress your output in that you might have to specify <cfoutput> in cases
where it was before not necessary.

When creating a cf page that talks to flash white space is also anathema,
and I've learned that the combination cfsilent and cfsetting works to strip
out even the most persistent white space.... maybe it will help.