I didn't write the delphi forms, but the programmer that did is quite
sharp... but I know he'll ask how he passes a var from delphi to cf... ??

Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Watts [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 12:13 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: reading local INI file

> I have set up several kiosks, each of them are connected
> to the net... I need to uniquely identify each computer,
> but without human intervention. The browser is a Delphi
> form, and part of the INI file that is on each kiosk
> contains a unique ID for that kiosk. Any ideas for reading
> that INI file on the local computer without human
> intervention? Each kiosk doesn't have pws or cf express or
> anything running on them, just a straight NT box with IE
> and these Delphi forms.
>
> ??? - I know how to read through and INI file that is on the
> server, but not on the local box.

Usually, the answer would be to write an ActiveX executable to do this for
you, and have that executable downloaded from your server via an OBJECT
reference in your HTML page.

However, it would probably be even easier to simply add some code to your
Delphi forms, and have them send the ID back on each page request.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444