Hi!

I've got a simple guestbook application that holds 250 guestbooks so far.
Some of the guestbooks are have up to 13000 records.

I am returning the entire recordset and looping through it 20 records at a
time (I didn't think that it would get to be so big), but the query times
out on 13000 records. The database (Sybase)  is optimized like butter and I
can hit it from 20 clients at the same time with no response problems. I
would like to stay away from cursors, because the can get messy.

I have already tried caching the query (which doesn't really help because
there are always new records begin added) and converting it to a session
variable (which doesn't help because it just eats the ram on the boxes), so
I need to rewrite.

Does any one have any suggestions or know if there is a custom tag out
there that increments the number of records returned as you step through
the result set? I have checked Allaires repository, but no luck :)

If not, I will write one and share it with the group if anyone is interested.

-- Avrom