From: Philip Arnold - ASP [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 1:15 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: cffile and mapped or UNC drives

> ah for sure it is a monday, i goofed on typing in the unc path, my actual
> code does not have the drive letter in it <g>

It always helps to have different code in your request and your template <g>

> but basically it sounds like y'all are saying it is a perms problem?

Don't assume CF can see it if you login and check it via the desktop - check
the account CF logs in under and use that

Don't use drive mappings - they usually happen on a desktop login, which CF
doesn't do

Use a CFDirectory to see if CF can read the directory, and then use the
CFFile to see if CF can write to the directory

Philip Arnold
Director
Certified ColdFusion Developer
ASP Multimedia Limited