From: Daniel Lancelot [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2001 2:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: OT:connecting to remote SQL server via TCP-IP

Hi
Can anyone give me any guidelines on how to setup a SQL server to allow
remote access through enterprise manager?

I try connecting to the IP address of the machine, but I get the error :
Client unable to establish connection|ConnectionOpen (CreateFile() in SQL
server registration.

Thanks

Daniel Lancelot
Web Developer
Netstep Corporate Communications
Tel +44 (0) 1422 200308
Fax +44 (0) 1422 200306
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
www: http://www.netstep.co.uk

<NOTE:  The information contained in this e-mail is intended for the named
recipient(s) only.  It may also be privileged and confidential.  If you are
not an intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action
in reliance upon it.  No warranties or assurances are made in relation to
the safety and content of this e-mail and any attachments.  No liability is
accepted for any consequences arising from it.>