It sounds like your (Larry's) requirement is to log the activity, which may
be easier to do from the application serving the page versus an external
program "tapping" the chat room.

Assuming that you're running and hosting a developing the chat room, you
might contact the author of ralfchat and see if there is a logging feature
built into it.

Hatton