Ask Bud Shenanigans on this list (sorry, can't remember his real surname).
He's recently been through the mill with SQL Server licences... might have
picked up some info on upgrading too.

And this is some info the network admin here sent me the other day... might
be useful:

========================
http://www.microsoft.com/sql/productinfo/pricing.htm

This gives him the answer (SQL 2000). I used to go through this quite often,
basically if he has CAL's (Client Access Licences) and Server and an
Internet Connector Licence, he should be bombproof

Note_ http://www.microsoft.com/sql/productinfo/70pricing.htm

Internet Connector
The Internet Connector is a license that allows an unlimited number of
devices used by Internet users access to SQL Server via your site. An
"Internet user" is any person currently connected to the Internet, other
than a person employed by you (as an employee, independent contractor, or in
any other capacity), or otherwise providing goods or services to you or on
your behalf. You must purchase an Internet Connector License for each
processor on each server that is running SQL Server or SQL Server Enterprise
Edition.

--
Aidan Whitehall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Netshopper UK Ltd