just wanted to clarify my question "Why wasn't it working".  what i meant
was, what errors did it show, or what did it do wrong.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dylan Bromby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2001 8:39 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: looping qty form input box in shopping cart table using
cfoutput

probably if she knew why it *wasn't* working she'd be able to make it work.

but here's what i've done in the past to do this:

let's say i have 10 rows on each page. i use CFLOOP FROM="1" TO="10"
INDEX="count". then let's say i have a TEXT field in each row. assuming
there's a unique ID in the database for each record, i would name each field
NAME="var_#num#" and VALUE="#ID#" so that i would have var_1...var_10. the
VALUE of each of these would be the respective unique ID.

then at the bottom put your image submit button. to handle the update, use
CFLOOP again FROM="1" TO="10" INDEX="num" and over EACH iteration, do
something like CFSET temp = "var_"&#num# and then CFSET temp =
#Evaluate(temp)# and that will give you the VALUE of each variable from the
form so you can UPDATE your DB in each iteration of this CFLOOP.

hope that makes sense. works really well for me.