Personally, my advice is to learn everything.  That way you can go one way or the
other.  Makes you available for
multiple jobs, as well as some places that need multiple skills.

At this point and time, most of the work appears to be in ASP, and there's a healthy
chunk of Perl out there.
Though you don't wait until you need to a job to learn these skills; it's hard to
learn enough fast enough.  Always
think forwards.

"Suggest a way out"?  McDonald's is always hiring.   :)

--
Billy Cravens
HR Web Development, Sabre