Hey all,

Is it possible to determine what a user has inputted in a form BEFORE the
form is submitted? What I would like to do is IF a user makes a selection in
the form that conflicts with information already in the db, I want to have a
javascript popup alert them to the discrepancy and have them verify if they
want to continue. Otherwise, just a regular submit button would be
displayed.

I have the javascript alert/confirm working alright, but I can't figure out
how to get it to check the formfields and only display conditionally. I
don't even think this is possible, considering that CF is server-side and
essentially what I want to do is have CF determine what was selected BEFORE
it is submitted. Is there a way I can determine this with JavaScript (I'm
not very good at JS, so "baby steps", please ;).

I know I could do this within CF and just have the form submit to an interim
confirmation page, but I would rather do this on the client.

Thanks!
Terri