Hi. Sorry for the OT post. I asked this on the WIN-NT list but was
basically ignored.

I hooked up my SQL Server over the weekend. Work's great.

Does anyone have ANY clue why I cannot ping the SQL Server box (W2K
SP1) from the Web/CF server (NT4 SP5)? I can connect to the SQL
Server software through ODBC using the machine's IP Address but that
is it. I can't pcAnywhere from either box to the other. I can pcA to
either from here at home. I can ping either from here at home. I can
ping the NT from the W2K. Retrospect backup doesn't recognize that
any clients are on the network and I've got the client software
installed on the W2K box.

I also have a Linux firewall. I can ping both NICs, internal and
external, from the W2K box. I can ping only the external from the NT
box. I basically can't ping anything on the same subnet as the NT box
FROM the NT box.

Any clues on where to start looking would be greatly appreciated. I
had an NT guy there helping me set it up and he said he's never seen
anything like it.
--

Bud Schneehagen - Tropical Web Creations

ColdFusion Solutions / eCommerce Development
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.twcreations.com/
954.721.3452