> Can someone please tell me the change in the way the
> CFCONTENT tag works in CF4 and CF 4.5. Meaning, in CF 4.0
> the excel file that I am creating looks fine. The each
> field is in a separate cell. However, when running off
> a 4.5 server all the fields are attached and are displayed
> in one cell.

The CFCONTENT tag doesn't have anything to do with this (and hasn't changed
between 4.0.x and 4.5.x). When used with dynamic content generation, as
opposed to returning an existing file from the filesystem, all CFCONTENT
does is creates an HTTP header which describes the MIME type of the content.

My guess is that you've got a carriage return missing on the page that's
causing the problem. When generating CSV, for example, this:

<cfoutput query="myquery">#field1#,#field2#,#field3#</cfoutput>

will generate one line, while this:

<cfoutput query="myquery">#field1#,#field2#,#field3#
</cfoutput> (note the closing CFOUTPUT on a second line)

will generate the multiple lines you want.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
voice: (202) 797-5496
fax: (202) 797-5444