From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 5:50 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Using a SQL query to drive another SQL query

I'm running into a bit of a problem making my code work; any suggestions?

I'm trying to get data from one SQL routine, and then feed that data into
another.

Here is the first one:

SELECT  ID, NAME
FROM    MySource
WHERE   NAME LIKE '#FORM.junk1#%'

I'm then loading the ID values into an array, and trying to feed that array
into
another SQL query, without any success.

<CFSET Sequence = "1">
<CFSET queryArray = ArrayNew(1)>

<CFLOOP query ="GetList">
    <CFSET myArray[#Sequence#] = #ID#>
    <CFSET Sequence = IncrementValue(Sequence)>
</cfloop>

SELECT  ID,SEQUENCE,TEXT
FROM    MyOtherSource
WHERE   ID = '#Current#'

<CFLOOP INDEX="Counter"
    FROM = "1" TO = "#getList.RecordCount#">
    <CFSET Current = #getList[Counter]#>

Unfortunately, I get

Error resolving parameter CURRENT

which leads me to believe that CF is trying to use the CURRENT variable
before
the CFLOOP happens.

I apologize if I'm making a stupid mistake here; I'm still fairly new at CF,
and
tackling a few projects that I'm willing to admit are over my head (I was
teased
by a friend last week--"Your program has nested CFLOOPs, and you're using
CFQUERY and SQL to go get the data you want, but you don't know how to use a
<BR> tag...??).  Any advice would be appreciated.

Allan Davis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]