That's what we were doing, but the users need the full functionality of Word, and they
need to be able to save the document back. Sure, they could upload it - but the steps
are huge. Instead we've created a drive that every workstation maps to under the same
drive letter. Then, as Word launches, they can just "save" and the document is stored
right back.

They choose the document from a list generated through the browser, but the
manpulation and saving of the file is easier directly through word than through a
browser.

Stephen.

PS - thanks to EVERYONE for the quick response on this, and the approach to "use the
IE Security Panel to add your site to the
Intranet list.  You'll need to choose Security -> Select Local Intranet -> Click the
Sites Button and then advanced button.  Add the address of your local Intranet Site,
then change the security settings to allow unsigned activeX controls in the Intranet
only.