> by pointing out that the UUID is "predictable" are you saying
> that using it
> for security purposes is not recommended?

Its not actually strictly true that UUID are predictable.

Depending on your OS CreateUUID will either create UUIDs that increment from
some generated start point or you may get completely random keys. (Don't ask
me which OS do what, I can't remember :)

Also, if you are using CreateUUID to generate keys in multiple tables then,
yes you may get incrementing keys in a table sometimes, but more often than
not you will get not continugous IDs.

Regards

Stephen