I've got one heckuva mess on my hands. I am trying to straighten out a huge
mess of an ecommerce application I have inherited. It went into production
w/h zero testing a couple of months ago and now I am in firefighting mode).

This app relies heavily on three tables company, products, storeproducts.
Company contains store retailers and product distributors, products contain
all products entered by distributors and storeproducts is a derived table
that contains the combinations of products to retailers. (confused yet???).
My problem is that I need to write a routine that lists all the combinations
that exist in the company -> products that do not exist in storeproducts and
all the combinations in storeproducts that do not exist in company ->
products. A simplified version of the db schema looks like?:

Company
        Company_ID      (retailer or distributor)

Products
        Company_ID      (distributor)
        Product_ID

StoreProducts
        Company_ID      (retailer)
        Product_ID

The answer probably uses outer joins but I haven't yet mastered the art of
writting outer joins.

Duane