From: Douglas Knudsen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 04, 2001 2:28 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Includes on HtML?

But the question was "can I <cfinclude> a file from a page with the
extension .htm or .html?"  The answer is no.  There is file inclusion
using server side includes, which is actually how it is done in ASP.

The thing to keep in mind is that 'includes' are synonymous with
'inline functions' as in C programming.  The code just gets pasted to
the current 'page'.  So, if you could include a .cfm file within a
...html file, the CFML would not get processed unless you told your Web
Server to run all .html files through your ColdFusion App Server,
something that is usually not recomended.  Check out Allaire's site.
There are some diagrams there on the interactions betwix web server,
cold fusion app server, and browser.  Ask yourself 'What actually
happens when I enter a URL and hit enter from my favourite browser?'.

I think your stuck changing your files to .cfm files.  opinions?

DK